Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin
Turmeric curcumin has ancient roots. It’s been documented in many old medicine books, from Ayurveda to Traditional Chinese, going back over 4000 years. It is used as a spice for food and as a medicine.
- Turmeric Curcumin is also thought to be sacred and is used in different ceremonies. In Hindu tradition, it is used to dye a string, which is then tied around a woman’s neck on her wedding day. Signifying she is ready to be a wife and take care of the household.
- It is seen as a symbol of prosperity and can be used to cleanse the whole body.
- In southern India, a piece of Turmeric is carried around to ward off evil and for protection.
- In Chinese history, it was used as a dye. Known to be close to ginger, it was used to treat digestive issues. It was also used as a form of birth control. However, there is no current evidence of this. It is just old folklore.
Today, Turmeric Curcumin is a very popular Superfood. It seems to be included in almost every health supplement on the shelf. You cant pick up a vitamin at the supermarket without the words Turmeric “Turmeric Curcumin” added to the list of ingredients.
Are there any real benefits of Turmeric? Does this powerful golden root help heal the ailments it claims? Let's see..
Scientific Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in Turmeric that gives it a golden color. It is also the compound responsible for the health benefits.
- Curcumin is an anti-inflammatory as well as an anti-oxidant.
- There is a chemical in black pepper called piperine that helps the body better absorb curcumin. Adding it to your supplement will increase the benefits. A study done showed it helped increase absorption by 2000.
- A study showed taking Turmeric curcumin daily for nine months helped reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- One study showed curcumin can be more anti-inflammatory than over the counter meds like Advil
- It is used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat breathing problems.
- One study found it can help ward off heart attacks in people who’ve had bypass surgery.
- In animal studies, turmeric stopped the growth of tumor cells.
Let food be thy medicine. Happy Healing!
Turmeric! Include it in your life!®Sources: