Health Benefits Of Turmeric
TURMERIC & BLACK PEPPER
According to study, piperine is the major active component of black pepper and, when combined in a complex with curcumin, has been shown to increase bioavailability by 2000%. Curcumin combined with enhancing agents provides multiple health benefits.
WHAT IS TURMERIC?
Turmeric is a flowering plant, Curcuma longa of the ginger family. It is also known as Curcumin.
In the US, Turmeric is known as a spice. Turmeric has been used for centuries in many Asian cuisine, especially curry. It has also been used as medicinal herb in Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional Indian system of natural healing treatments.
Recently, turmeric has taken center stage in the health community due to its medicinal properties which derives from its curcumin compound. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties believes to have thousands of health benefits and has became well known as a "Super food".
Scientific Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in Turmeric that gives it a golden color. It is also the compound responsible for the health benefits.
- Curcumin is an anti-inflammatory as well as an anti-oxidant.
- There is a chemical in black pepper called piperine that helps the body better absorb curcumin. Adding it to your supplement will increase the benefits. A study done showed it helped increase absorption by 2000.
- A study showed taking Turmeric curcumin daily for nine months helped reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- One study showed curcumin can be more anti-inflammatory than over the counter meds like Advil
- It is used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat breathing problems.
- One study found it can help ward off heart attacks in people who’ve had bypass surgery.
- In animal studies, turmeric stopped the growth of tumor cells.
How to take Turmeric? Natural & Effective Ways
- Most of the people find it easier to take turmeric in supplement forms. For an example our Turmeric 750MG capsules are best way to try it for 60 days. You can take one or two capsules depends on your physician's advise. We also have an option of Turmeric & Ginger gummies which is one of our best selling since it is also a Mango flavored gummies
- You can also use organic fresh turmeric roots or organic ground pure turmeric for cooking. You can find some options in our Herbs & Spice area.
- If you are a Herbal Tea person then our delicious turmeric tea collection may help you start taking turmeric in your diet. You can choose from Turmeric Chai tea, turmeric ginger tea, turmeric lemon ginger tea or find other options in our turmeric herbal tea area.
- If you are taking Organic apple cider vinegar then consider it with our turmeric option. You can use it by adding one table spoon of this healthy vinegar with one cup of water. Mix it and drink it daily. You can add lemon in it to make it extra delicious.
- You can also consider healthy shots. We have a variety of turmeric and other healthy shots in our wellness section. Some are cold pressed shots with organic apple cider vinegar.
Turmeric! Include it in your life!®
BOOSTS YOUR IMMUNITY
Turmeric contains a substance known as lipopolysaccharide. This helps stimulate the immune system.
BOOSTS COGNITIVE FUNCTION
Protects brain cells by binding to and dissolving abnormal proteins.
HELPS REDUCE CHOLESTEROL LEVELS
Research has proven that using turmeric as a food seasoning can reduce serum cholesterol levels.
SUPPORTS JOINT HEALTH
Promotes a healthy inflammatory response and eases aches & pains.
FIGHTS BODY-WIDE INFLAMMATION
Proven significantly lower levels of inflammatory makers.
SUPPORTS NATURAL WEIGHT LOSS
Helps increase the flow of bile, an important component in the breakdown of dietary fat.